Saturday, April 26, 2008

Heading South



Today has finally arrived. This evening we will catch a train down to LA to visit some old friends and from there head out to the trial head east of San Diego near the small town of Campo.

The past week has been hectic. After quiting our jobs last Friday we had just over a week to prepare. For two and a half days our house was transformed into a pseudo-post office, with over 50 boxes being packed full of food for the next 5 or so months.

Every room of the house was scattered with boxes of dried soups, nuts, dried fruit, olive oil, honey and more. I stayed up until I could not stand it any longer and woke up as early as I could possibly manage to. We finished packing our food just in time to drive (with our car packed full of boxes) up to Olympia and Portland to drop off our boxes with our wonderful friends who will be mailing them to us along the way.

Somewhere in this frenzy we realized that we could use an extra day and decided to push our ticket back. Even so I still don't feel ready. I think this is one of those things that you do not feel ready for no matter how much planning ahead one does.

So after a sleep deprived week we head south, luckily taking the train where we will have a chance to catch up on some sleep during the full day ride.

I wish I could write more but I've got to get back to the packing chaos.
Until next time...

If anyone would like to get a hold of me you can reach me through email at: serenabecker@gmail.com...I have cancelled my phone for the time being.

Peace.
serena

No comments: